It’s less than one month away: let’s make this Refugee Week (19th-25th June) one to remember by making it more meaningful and by connecting with the Schools of Sanctuary networks.
Here’s 5 easy ways to get involved:
- Register for A Day of Welcome to access a FANTASTIC free teacher’s pack and teaching resources, along with free webcasts with refugee authors for students (and more!) This includes special resources for schools in Norfolk, Essex, Cambridgeshire, Wales, West Yorkshire, Oxfordshire and Suffolk. Register now.
- Take a look at the Refugee Week Children and Young People’s Activity Pack for some extra ideas and resources and watch the recording of the Refugee Week Launch Event to help break down all the resources on offer.
- Stand with the Together with Refugees coalition by organising a community picnic or event to show that we want Hospitality not Hostility for people seeking sanctuary. Learn more: https://t.co/ufC8uHfRn3
- Make this Refugee Week meaningful & put your compassion into action. Have a look at our suggested acts of solidarity that children can take part in to have a real impact on building a culture of welcome: https://schools.cityofsanctuary.org/2023/04/24/this-refugee-week-lets-turn-compassion-into-action.
- Join the BIG Schools Refugee Week fundraiser to support Schools of Sanctuary & a local refugee charity. Local charities provide vital support on a shoestring & despite huge growth, Schools of Sanctuary is under threat. As little as £50 per school can secure Schools of Sanctuary for the next year, so if you can, please stand with us. Thank you. Have a look at our blog for fundraising ideas & resources to take this forward: https://bit.ly/3Wd6tJJ.