Organisations and People
- Anna Freud Foundation: A National Centre for Children and Families offering resources, advice and training for schools around mental health and wellbeing. In the process of developing resources specifically for students seeking sanctuary.
- The UK Trauma Council: A group of leading experts in the field of childhood trauma offering resources, training and advice.
- Children and War Foundation / Children and War UK: Offering training and manuals on helping children cope with their reactions to war, helping children cope with their reactions to disasters, helping children with severe grief reactions after war and disasters, helping children recover by writing, helping children aged 5-8. Contact them for access.
- Anti-racism and mental health in schools resource (Anna Freud Centre)
- The Healing Classrooms Programme: Training, Workshops and Resources (IRC)
- Bear Us in Mind: A Build-Your-Own psychological toolkit for children who have experienced forced displacement, bereavement and loss (Bear Us In Mind)
- Refugee Mental Health Portal (Refugee and Asylum-Seeking Children) (The University of East London) Guidance, therapeutic approaches, resources, training and more.
- Being a Parent in a Refugee Situation: Guidance (Children and War Foundation) – also available as an app and translated into 9 languages.
- Guidance on Working with Refugee Children Struggling with Stress and Trauma (UNHCR)
- Childhood Trauma and the Brain (UK Trauma Council)
Also see our staff training page for links to relevant training courses: Staff Learning & Training